I love this infographic that Monetate has put together. As we have known for a while, smartphones and mobile are becoming increasingly important with shoppers and local retail outlets need to be prepared.
Even though conversions through mobile devices are really low right now (+/- 1%), there are a few telling points within this infographic which I like:
- 90 million American consumers accessed RETAIL content on their smartphone
- 96% – YES 96% of smartphone users researched products on their phone – i.e. if you DON’T have an online presence you will LOSE.
- 90% acted within 24 hours. i.e. they are READY to BUY – be prepared to be ready to SELL!
- 66% visit the stores. So they research online but still visit local stores. i.e. again if you DON’T have an online presence they can’t find you and you will LOSE
- 50% use smartphones to assist in shopping decisions. i.e. make sure your online presence HELPS them to make the decision.
- ONLY 48% of retailers have mobile optimized sites. i.e. OPPORTUNITY for those who have mobile sites
- 82% of smartphones users spend time on apps as opposed to 19% who spend time on web browsers.
- 80% of smartphones users access social media channels on their phone. i.e. GET SOCIAL